Our Terms of Business.
Our terms of business form the basis of our contract with our customers and, as such, we aim to keep them clear, straightforward and fair.
Here they are:
- By issuing a quotation we agree to provide the service detailed in it and any items as specified in it at the costs detailed with care and skill to our usual high standards.
- By accepting our quotation you are agreeing to these terms and the prices quoted.
- If prearranged our making-up charges include delivery, hanging/installing and dressing.
- Any changes to the specifications detailed must be agreed in writing and may be either reduced or charged extra accordingly. You will be advised in advance of any such charges.
- Whist we will endeavour to adhere to any agreed completion dates, we cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by circumstances that are out of our control.
- If you are supplying your own fabric it is your responsibility to have it delivered to us. We will inspect all fabrics for flaws and advise you if any are found before cutting.
- We cannot be held responsible for fabric fading caused by sunlight or for shrinkage to curtains, blinds or soft furnishings that have been steamed, washed. dry-cleaned or exposed to varying humidity.
- Prices quoted for any hardware (poles, tracks etc.) referred to in a quotation are for supply only. We will recommend an approved specialist to install any hardware, whose fees will be subject estimate by that contractor and who you will pay directly.
- If you choose to install your own hardware or have it installed by your own contractor we cannot take any responsibility for any failure, faults or other problems that arise out of that installation.
- In the unlikely event of a problem with an order, whether our fault or yours, it must be brought to our attention within 30 days of delivery of that order and wherever possible we will rectify it. Thereafter charges may be made for any corrections agreed necessary where we are not at fault. We will not be responsible for any costs involved if you have another contractor make alterations or changes to goods we have made without our agreement.
- The full cost of fabrics, other than linings, we are supplying may be requested in the form of a non-refundable deposit before we will order them or commence work on your project. For larger schemes that may monopolise our workroom for more than two weeks a deposit of 50% of the quoted making costs may be requested.
- When we are ordering products made to your specific measurements from third party suppliers we may request full payment when you place the order.
- The making costs or remainder of them and all other costs and charges are payable on delivery by cheque or credit card or within twenty-four hours if being paid by internet banking. We charge no extra for payment by credit card, but ask that bills exceeding £2,000 are paid on-line.
- Any products that we make or supply, including any fabric paid for but made into curtains, blinds or soft furnishings, will remain our property until paid for.
- We request that you, whether the end client or an instructing interior designer, are on site when we deliver and install your goods to approve the finished project at that time.
Cotswold Curtains & Interiors is the trading name of C C & I Ltd.
It is registered in England & Wales number 05443467 and VAT registered 713 6886 15.